County Departments and Services

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have other questions that do not appear on this list, please check the pages for the individual departments or call the County Managers Office at 704-994-3201.

Where can I find the Phone Number of a County Department?

Phone numbers for the individual departments will be posted on the Departments and Services Page.



When does the Board of County Commissioners meet?

Regular meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month.  Regular meetings are held in Commissioner's Board Room, Suite 209 of The Anson County Government Center.   Subsequent meetings will be scheduled as needed.   

Where do I get a birth certificate, marriage license, death certificate or deed?

The Anson County Register of Deeds office is responsible for deeds, death certificates, birth certificates, marriage licenses and other papers of record. The office is on the first floor of the Anson County Government Center, 101 South Greene Street, Wadesboro. Call 704-994-3208 for more information.


How do I register to vote in Anson County?     

Click Here for the Board of Elections Page or Call the Board of Elections office at 704-994-3223 for complete information.


Where can I get a map of my property?

The Tax Assessor's Office has maps of property in Anson County. Call 704-994-3290 for more information.


Where should I call for an immediate response to a medical emergency or other life threatening situation?

Call 911 for all emergencies. The Communications Center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer EMERGENCY CALLS FOR HELP. All non-emergency calls to communications should be made to 704-694-7083.


Where do I pay my county property taxes?

Property owners pay their taxes at the Tax Collector's Office. Call 704-994-3291 for more information.


Who do I call to appear on the Board of Commissioners agenda?

Contact Bonnie Huntley, Clerk to the Board at 704-994-3201.   There is a form that must be completed at least 1 week prior to the meeting, to allow you to appear on the agenda.


Where do I get a building permit?

The Building Inspections Office handles building permits. The office is located at 107B Ashe St, near the Health Department. Call 704-694-5818 for more information.


Does Anson County provide any health service?

Yes. The Health Department provides a number of services. Most of these programs are for people who are unable to secure private medical attention.   Call 704-694-5188 for more information.


Where can I get financial assistance?

The Department of Social Services has financial assistance programs. Guidelines for eligibility exist. Call 704-694-9351 for more information.


Who do I contact about any available jobs with the county?

Check the Current Vacancies Page or contact the Employment Security Commission.  The Human Resources Office can be contacted at 704-994-3228.  

Who do I call about the tax listing of my property?

The Tax Assessor's Office handles tax listing. The phone number is 704-994-3290.


What does the Cooperative Extension office do?

The Cooperative Extension office assists the public in the areas of agriculture, lawn and garden, community development, 4H and youth development, family and consumer education. Some of the issues Cooperative Extension can help you with include: tree planting, pest control, stain removal, parenting and landscaping. The Cooperative Extension Office is located on Mclaurin Street next to the EMS office.  Call 704-694-2415 for more information.



How do I contact the Anson County Department of Motor Vehicles License Plate Agency?

Please contact 704-994-3292 for services pertaining to title transfers, tag renewals and handicap placards.